Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shackles, disco, bumpstops

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by midget, Jun 2, 2003.

1. midget

midget Registered Member

I just finished installing my ORD greasable front shackles, sway bar disco and front end bump stops.

I had a question about the size of the front bushings for the spring eye. They seem a little to small for the whole, not swimming around or anything but not as sung as I have had in the past. I was wondering if this could contribute to the trouble people have been having with the things breaking.

I have superlift springs and had their bushings in for the last 4 years and have not had trouble to date, even after some pretty significant 4 wheeling.

I just thought I would check it out and see what you think.

Everything went on good and looks like it will work nice.

Thanks for good products.

While I'm at it, I was wondering how the green K5 does (or did) at high speed in the desert with the coilovers and the radius arms up front. I went down this last weekend for the Baja 500 with some friends that race a class 1 buggy and now have the urge to go fast........ Just curious.

thanks

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Bushing tolerances are kind of a tough one, if they're close, they're the right ones for your springs. The other choice would be way too big. By the time you drive a sleeve into them, it's not really a big problem if they're a little small. They should be the same part # as what you took out.

Wally (new name for the green K5) does OK, it needs more bump travel and less weight up front to really work well but the handling is pretty good and the shocks work great. We beat them up pretty good over EJS coming out of pritchett and everything held up well. The weight bias is about 60/40 so the front is hard to control. With the winch in the rear and a lighter small block motor, it would be a good bit better I think. Doing it all again, I might move the axle forward a bit more too. At the time it would only fit one place but now the front's pretty wide open.
    It worked pretty well with the custom leaves too, it's better now but before it was great for a recreational four wheel drive. It ran nice down the highway and had good ride quality on rough stuff offroad.