Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shackles questions...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by StageZ, Jul 5, 2001.

1. StageZ

StageZ Registered Member

I have an 84 blazer with a 4" rancho life... I was about to order 4" ORD shackle flips and Metal Made Rite Revolver Shackles... what I need to know is, first... am i gonna have to go custom on my driveshafts and dish out... what else might I have to replace?... I am planing to put on some RS9012 with extended braces while I was at it so shock travel isnt what I am worried about... any recomendations? how much should I be pre-pared to spend on custom toys? Should I replace my springs before I have to do two jobs? any info will help... thanks in advance.....

2. StageZ

StageZ Registered Member

also, can someone in Los Angeles or around that does some good welding.....

3. ScoobyDann

ScoobyDann 1/2 ton status

El Paso, TX (Far West Texas near Las Cruses
    I am gonna get some pictures of my setup. i have the ORD 4"flip w/ the springer flip? kinda confusing but i get an obscene amout of flex. its about 6 1/2" now. kinda high for me but it will sag. so far i need but haven't done some driveshaft mods (there at there limit just sitting straight) the whole setup cost me $550 w/o driveshaft mods but the kit comes w/ new very soft springs, drop brackets, bushings, traction bar etc. the guy also makes the kit for the original shackle setup and ramps over a 1000 and drives it everyday. I have a good connection w/ the guy if you're interested.
    e-mail me at
    scoobydann@aol.com

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

hey scooby, did you use the ford rear springs on your springer shackle flip? we need pics!!! I've got a set of these springs here I may use to replace my broken POS stock springs.

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>Come Awn yall...Let's go to LUCHENBACH, TEXAS!!!
    </font color=red>

5. ScoobyDann

ScoobyDann 1/2 ton status

El Paso, TX (Far West Texas near Las Cruses
    yea i used the ford springs, ive got pics of hte stuff un-installed but im gonna try to put my truck on a forklift tomarrow to get some real cool pics