Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shackles

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hi pinion, Sep 26, 2003.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

i am currently installing 2 dana 60 hi pinion front/rear in a 85 blazer, spring perch set for a 10 inch suspention lift.I am curious if i should run revolver shackles or just springs.im shackled about this and need advise from others who have tried this product liked/disliked and why?someone said there is problems at higher speeds.feedback on shackles

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

reason I've heard, no way to lock them so if you are on a sidehill they could unload. That could cause a rollover. www.echobit.com they have scissor shackles that don't rotate but do sag down for more droop and can be locked. No knowledge of anyone using those though.

3. BADRED73-N-AZ

BADRED73-N-AZ Registered Member

I had on my rig but they were up front at the front of the spring. they work well off road they wernt good for the street. they had gaving the truck a bad roll on curvs. also noticed when i took them off they were already coming apart at the center hing.

4. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Senevador on this site runs the first prototype with 6" rear lift springs for a total of 12" of lift. There are many others with the kit that will be surfacing soon so keep an eye out! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Check out the AZ-57 kit from Az-kickin. THere's a link ot their site at the top of this forum. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

After looking at a set of Revolver's that came in on a Heep there's no way I spend money on them wimpy things. They've got all kinds of failure modes built right in. No Thanks.