Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shaggy...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Ryan B., Dec 20, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey dude
    I was just wondering i saw that post about yer humvee rims and how USA6X6 replyed to that thread...
    He mentioned somethting about $165 each beadlock rim if we tell him we're from CK5.
    Does this mean that is the discount from now on or what about a group order next month?
    I know savage1 was planning on ordering up a set. If we find a 3rd person that wants to buy humvee beadlock rims is there a better deal for a group perchase?

Thanks dude.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> He told me before he raised the prices that he would be willing to do another group purchase, so I would push for the $150 price if you get 3 people in on it. Hell, I'd try even with only 2 people... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

3. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Yup, I'm seriously down for some Hummers /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I should have the cash next month if nothing else breaks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well it looks as though we have 2 buyers right here.
    Wheres the third???
    Ah we could probally find a 3rd person that wants humvee beadlocks by next month.

I'm thinking i want to order 5 so i gots me a spare also...
    How about you rod?

Would that bring the price down at all... a better deal for 5 instead of 4? We'll have to talk to him and see what we can work out.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

PS. are those beadlocks available in hot pink? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I dunno, I got a pretty good deal on 5 though! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Give him a call and see what he;ll do on 2 or 3 sets, might not be a difference anyways...

If you guys want to come over and check mine out just let me know. Bring a spare tire and we can mount one up and see how it fits too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I have 12 days off starting tomorrow, not going back to work until the 2nd. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif</font color>

6. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

hell yeah on the time off thing.
    we're not coming back until the 6th! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

7. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

All,
    If the timing is right I might be in for a group purchase.

Shaggy - does he let you pick the offset? And what is the tire size for the wheels? (sorry for the dumba$$ questions)

When will you have 'em mounted? I would like to see pics (mounted, on vehicle) before purchase....

Please let us know how they balance - if I get 'em they will see lotsa highway miles.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The price includes any backspacing you want. Tire size is whatever you want to put on them. I'm going to be running 42x15s, Willyswanter mounted a 44x18.5 Bogger on one last night, and his DD has 39x15s that will also be on the Hummer wheels (he bought 2 sets).

I'll get them mounted just as soon as I get some tires, which should be late Jan. or Feb.

They are supposed to balance fairly well, but I don't plan on normal balancing, I raped some nasty mice for their dirty old balls that I am going to use. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hey Ryan, I thought you wanted to keep the Bling Bling shiny rims on your truck!?</font color>

9. 2Dogs

Bummer, I thought they were 16.5" wheels.... I don't really want to grind my calipers (laziness, not fear /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif).

What backspacing did you get?

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> They are 16.5s, I was talking about width... Sorry about that. I got 4.25" BS, which appears to be about perfect for the D60. Should keep the tires in as close as possible without interfering with steering or suspension. </font color>

11. 2Dogs

16.5 x 15...? /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I want to see pics soon. Sounds SWEET!

12. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> 16.5 x 8.25 is the rim measurement. That width is seat to seat though, the overall width is 9.75". I have pics of the rims if you want to see those, but none of them with tires on them.</font color>

13. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Uh, there 16.5x8.25 /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif My tires are 15" wide... I mounted my 44" bogger on one last night and it looks pretty good and appears to be holding air. My camera is MIA with someone that my dad lent it to so as soon as it's recovered I'll get pics.

14. 2Dogs

All righty then /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Shaggy, you gonna check for balance and trueness before you throw tires on? Never hurts. And considering the hassle you went thru I would do it now!

I have buddies at Discount Tire in Mount View that will do it free if you need the hook-up.

15. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Dave, that would be pretty cool if you could get me the hook-up. I was thinking about having the rims balanced without the tires on them just so I know that any balance issues I have is from the tire alone. </font color>

16. 2Dogs

17. 2Dogs

Forgot - I will call him first..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I haven't got the tires yet, but in my experience the local places can't touch mail order on Swampers. You can ask him though... 42" TSLs for 16.5 rims. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

19. 2Dogs

What is your price per tire you are looking for?

To get your wheels balanced (for free) I will suggest that you give him a shot. He may do it anyway - depends on how busy they are etc....

20. 2Dogs

Call Trent (650)988-9611

He is interested in getting your business. He also mentioned that he has a source of near-new SSR (I think) take-offs in 39.5" The source is sporadic but it sounds like you can save big $$$$$. Gettin me thinkin also

Please let me know good or bad.