Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shake in truck when slowing down

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ronnny, Apr 6, 2005.

1. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

I know this is the wrong place but could use an answer before go to look at the mans truck. I put question in other rides too. 87 ford 302 4 speed 6" lift 1 year old with blocks in rear. The truck i was told has started to shake bad when slowing down in between 40 and 35 mph. Cannot remember if he said it does when the truck speed up. Not into fords but look at some notes and it said a track bar on fords cause this but not in this year on the twin traction beam front ends. Thought would look for loose bolts also? any ideas. Will go look at truck tomorrow after work any ideas? :blush:

2. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

The only clue you give as to where the vibration may be comming from would be the 6" lift. I would look at the drive shaft and the u-joints first.

3. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

slowing down coasting or on the brakes? wheels could be out of balance, warped rotors, bad bearings

4. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Have not been to look at the truck myself but the way he explained was slowing down like coasting untill it starts to vibrate real bad then brakes pretty good till the vibration stops out of that speed range. I know when i go look to look at the u-joints, blocks in the rear to make sure not moved and bolts tight, any loose things on the frontend steer or suspension. Just looking for more of a common thing on that year truck so as to may not take as long to figure the problem out. When he gets the truck fixed though he is ready to sell and go to a chevy.

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

blocks in the rear would not do it.i bet its the u joints.wrong angle finally finnished e'm.i had a 86 f-250,with a six inch lift. good luck getting the joints out.they have plastic heated to hold them in. :laugh: