Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shaking

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by SmokinDiesel, Apr 12, 2002.

1. SmokinDiesel

SmokinDiesel Registered Member

I have an 84 6.2 van and me and my cousin replaced the head gaskets and now when you start it it shakes and has less power. any ideas?? ALso I have an 86 6.2 blazer that is for sale. new fly wheel, starter, u-joints, trany filter,shocks, broken glow plug in it, and its yours for only 750 dollars. THanKs
    BNeu

2. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

Sounds like it's not firing on all cylinders, or it's out of time. Did you remove the injection pump? If not, then that should rule out timing.

What you can do to isolate the problem, is start the motor, and then crack one injection line loose from the injector. Do this one at a time. This is just like pulling a spark plug wire off a gasser motor. If you crack open a line, and it doesn't change the way the engine is running, then that cylinder is "dead" and you have found the problem, such as a bad injector.

If you crack open a line and it runs worse, then that cylinder is okay, move on to the next one.

Good luck.

Casey

3. René

René 1/2 ton status

But use eyeglasses for the protection of your eyes

4. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Ah you didn't, by chance, cross two of the injection lines did you? It is possible, especially if the injection lines are old and have been buggered (mis-shaped) by age, and abuse.

OR may simply have an air-locked injection line. Air is compressable, fuel isn't. Air will absorb (compress) the pressure pulse from the injection pump not allowing the injector to "pop" open. If you check you cylinder firing (as above), it should bleed the air out.

5. SmokinDiesel

SmokinDiesel Registered Member

Well Im not sure if the lines got crossed. one guy came in and ripped apart the whole thing and couldnt come back for 2 weeks, so me and my cousin decided to slap her back together. We didnt have a book and the guy didnt mark the lines so we guessed by the rub marks and where they bent. How do you adjust the timing on it and check it.
    ThAnKs
    BNeu

6. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

Whats your location?

7. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

Fill out ur profile

NITRO