Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shakle Flip questions?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by snakeman, Sep 18, 2003.

1. snakeman

snakeman Newbie

I have few question about the shakle flip hopefully they have not been asked before. I have try to find the answers!

1. Assuming the ground is level what is the stock pinion angle of say my 75 Silverado 20 Suburban? What would it be after a 4 inch shackle flip?

2. WHat is the max pinion angle ORD recommend to still get proper axle lubercation?

3. What is the largest angle shim ORD recommend? I have heard some places say no more that 3 dregrees.

4. How does the shackle flip effect shock geometry? What is need to be done to fix any changes?

I have an NP201 divorced and I am trying to make sure that I can setup my all of my drive shaft angle right. I plan on making custom trans and t-case crossmember. But I need to make sure all the angle are right because as far as I know I can get a CV flange for the 201. Thanks for the info.

SnakeMan

2. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

what vehicle is this pertaining to year, model ,etc ? no GM truck ever came with an np 201 .

3. snakeman

snakeman Newbie

I know no GM ever came with a 201. But have one that I am going to custum fit in my silverado 20 Suburban. It is two wheel I am converting to 4 wheel. I also have a caddy 500 with a TH400 fixed yoke that is going into the Burban. But that was not part of the questions. I just need to know the rear pinion angle with a 4 inch shackle flip to see if I would be able to use the 201. Other wise I need to find a 205 so I can run CV drive shafts. I also know that the 205 is overall better but I have a 201 and if I can make work I will. I would like to stay with a divorced case because I would like to switch to a NV4500 some day and divorced makes it easy (caddy flywheel and NV4500 are not cheap.) Plus it would hopefully solve hydralic clutch drive shaft clearance problem. I don't mean to be rude aobut any of this but I am just try to paint a picture of what I am trying to do. I know I should just email Tom's custom drive shaft but I hate to solicit info from people I dont't plan on buying anything from. By posting here ORD can answer a question about there product that I am plan to by and every one can see the answer.

SnakeMan