Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shaky hood

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Oct 19, 2000.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

My hood seems to vibrate a lot right in the middle. Its tight around the edges but it seems loose or something. I also have problems lining it up. I had to get a new hood a while ago because of bad hail demage, it would cost less to rpelace it. Is there anything I can do to hold it still in the middle? I'm guessing welding would mess it up.

90K5

2. archer

archer 1/2 ton status

There are some braces in the LMC truck catalog that will support the sides, in turn shoring up the center. It makes it alot firmer all over. These hoods are pretty wobbly anyway. The supports just get sort of tired after the years I guess. www.lmctruck.com I hope this helps.

"who dares wins"

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I would understand if they are loose on an old hood, but this is a new hood and it dosen't even fit right.

90K5

4. Gopherkiller

Gopherkiller 1/2 ton status

Well I ruined a hood by using some of that insulating construction foam, (DON'T USE IT.) I fixed one of my hoods using some of the contruction adhisive, (for gluing paneling to walls.) It is similar to what chevy uses at the factory. Hope this helps.