Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shaky rear view mirror

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by redoctober, May 28, 2006.

1. redoctober

redoctober Newbie

How does one remove the the mirror clip, so I can slide the mirror up and off to adjust the clip? My mirror vibrates with the road.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

There is a small allen head set screw you need to loosen to remove the mirror...or tighten up to get rid of the wobble.

Rene

3. redoctober

redoctober Newbie

Rear view mirror removal

Thank you tRustyK for repying, but my 1999 Blazer has no set screw, it uses a clip. Now, for anyone else trying to remove their mirror, I have found a nearly perfect (and cheap) tool to press the underside clip with. My 11 year-old daughter thought of it far sooner than I could; a plastic orange peeler, found in the kitchenware section of some stores. It is soft plastic, with a curved tip. Press the tip against the clip so that the plastic bends, and wiggle upwards with the mirror until it slides off. The orange peeler will undoubtably break far sooner than the windshield, so no worries!

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Pretty funny how to answered your own question with in the span of about 2.5 hours...:crazy:

5. redoctober

redoctober Newbie

Yeah, I can't leave a puzzle alone. I even took a digital photo through the outside of the windshield so I could see the design of the clip. I obcess, I guess. :)