Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shameless Plug - GM Truck Center is the bomb!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by swamp donkey, Jun 10, 2002.

1. swamp donkey

swamp donkey 1/2 ton status

Okay, some of you who have first gens may recognize me. I had a 69 for sale. Then I decided to keep it. Before having it worked on I posted a question asking for advice on where to go. The name GM Truck Center came up a few times. After a phone call to Hennrick (the owner), I was sold. The guy was super cool, and all they do is work on Chevy Trucks and K5's.

I had my big pig TOWED to his shop, using a flatbed guy that he provided (for a small fee of course). He called me as the tow truck showed up, just to let me know it got there. Since then he has called with updates every other day and he has always returned my calls in a timely fashion ( something I can't say for most places I deal with).
    I gave him my budget and told him what was important to me, after that I let him run away with it. He has had some great money saving ideas and is REALLY hooking me up with some great deals.
    I just wanted to take five minutes and give him some props, and try and send him some business - he has treated me right and I would like to do the same.
    I will get the truck back from him at the end of the month and I will make a little web page up showing everyone how my worm turned into a butterfly, we'll maybe a moth... but it is still better than a worm.
    So give Henndrick a call (818)846-0121 and tell him Dylan sent you /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Just curious of what he is doing to it?

3. swamp donkey

swamp donkey 1/2 ton status

That's a long list. The truck I brought him had MANY MANY problems, and I just told him to figure out what they were and make it a safe daily driver.

So far, he has fixed the steering which consisted of retapping some threads, welding up some cracks, and replacing the front axle/diff.

The front and back axles both had been welded for some very serious rock crawling, so rather than fix them we just put on some new (used) ones - 12 bolt rear and 10 bolt front with discs, and new drive shafts. Also fixed ebrake, replaced drivers door, new hood hinges, and off to the body shop for frame straightening. On top of all that he made some tube bumpers, and got me some AE 589's and 35's.

This week we are redoing the elctrical, replacing the instrument cluster, and building a 6 point cage. Then the final week we will reupholster (sp?) the front seats, rear bench and door panels (he is finding me a rear bench, 'cause I don't have one). The final step will be some quick body work and a shiny coat of primer.

I don't want to say what he is doing all this for, but I am VERY happy with the price and can't wait to get the truck back.