Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shane- A HUGE THANKS! smp is a model CK5 citizen!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FWP, Feb 17, 2003.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

Thanks my friend /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif! Also a big thanks to Scott for meeting us with the shock at midnight on a Sunday night /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. Thanks to Shane and Scott, I made the 3 hour drive home free of Death Wobble. After running Martinez all day, get on the road, only to find DW rearing it's ugly head. Painfully made the 30 mile trek to my buddy Don's house, and began tearing things down to find the cuplrit. Bent and leaking steering shock, hmmmm........Called Shane, "you have a spare shock?"- "yeah I got one". So I ask how much he wants for it.. "ah whatever", Shane says. Scott offers to meet halfway with the shock. Way to go guys! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif . I get back over to Don's house to install it, and find a BRAND NEW RS5000 in the box /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Installed- no more wobbly /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ( I do need to replace the shackle bushings AGAIN, but that's a familiar story for most)

Two great CK5 members at work again!!!! THANKS GUYS!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

have you tried the fix that Butch hooked us up with? the washer in the Kingpin cap?

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    have you tried the fix that Butch hooked us up with?

[/ QUOTE ]

That works!!! I had brutal death wobble and it's completely gone now.

Rene

4. FWP

FWP CRS

Not yet. There wasn't any washers readily available at midnight last night /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I'll get to it this week. FYI- check this out, me and Bill (45acp) had an interesting discussion last year on the D60 spring thing....I didn't realize what we were onto though- Tim figured it out- way cool!

5. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

Hell after i stole your beer money i figured i owed you one /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    I know all to well the death wobble we went head to head many times and thanks to Butch those washers stoped my death wobble and thats how i had a spare steering stablizer i only run a single now and had my second one warrantied and keeped it around for a spare.
    Anyone who knows Fred (FWP) knows he's a great guy and allways willing to help others out. It was good to help him out for once. I would have met you out there but i was allready in bed and Scott was willing to meet you so i went back to bed. I'm just glad it all worked out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif