Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shane74 and POWERMAD

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by 55Willy, Mar 23, 2003.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Ron, your buddy had those axles that Shane and I were interested in, are they still available?

also Shane, how soon are you needing to get it??

-Jeremy

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Yep he still has em.

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I don't need them real soon. Watcha thinkin' bro?

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Just getting a game plan, I didn't want to get the rear gears til I found out the front was still available,LOL (something about a cart and a horse, but I always get it backwards /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

I'm also still gathering parts for the front like flat tops, going with crossover due to the flex of the fords up front and gonna swap my 8 lug stuff over to it.

I'm hoping for the big June event to be the public unvailing of it, /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif with a few test runs first to get the bugs out of it.

Shane also on your tie rod and drag link projects, can you get heim joints? my drag link is gonna use a double sheer configuration.

-Jeremy

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I'm sure hiem joints won't be an issue to get. Keep in mind that your knuckles will have to be tapered for them. Also, it will be cheaper for you to supply them and let me know what length tube you need. Also, I'll need to know what the threads are. I don't think they are the same as tie rod ends.

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

update:

Looking at picking up that front end within the next couple weeks.

Shane- I decided to stick to reg ends and not use heims. I'm planning for crossover and hi steer also.

Ron- How firm is he on the price of the set, every dollar I save is one more dollar I can dump into another upgrade,LOL

-Jeremy

"How many irons do you have in the fire????"

7. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Hard to say how firm he is on the price, all ya can do is offer money and see if he takes it.

8. rebelrockin

rebelrockin 1/2 ton status

I still have the axels. They belong to me not Mike.
    They are on my jeep till I can find what I need under it.
    I told you they were yours
    I have been without wheels for 5 weeks now. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER! I need to get my Blazer back on the road before we go any farther on the jeep.
    These are my rigs, NOT MIKES.
    I have paid or my own rigs.
    Sorry I am a woman that buy's her own rigs and pay my own way. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

different axles I think Rebel... these are a 10 and 12 with 456's and he also had some boggers and what not, not your jeep axles(those are for my buddies s-10 swap)

10. rebelrockin

rebelrockin 1/2 ton status

Sorry Ron had said the other day you were hounding him for the axles off the jeep for your buddy, They won't be going any where. Sorry jumped to conclusions.
    I am ready to say **** it all, No rig to drive for 5 weeks now, went and picked up patrs off the tranny that was left behind it all wasn't there. So now I have to call and find a trailer to have to towed some where to have it fixed. I have passed NOT A HAPPY CAMPER STAGE as of this afternoon. I can handle not have a rig for a couple of weeks but this is BS it will be six weeks as of Saturday. Was told all the parts were there for the swapping NOT! . Help didn't show up this morning like I was told, so I will trailer it some where else and pay them to get it straightened out. Can't haul a jeep anywhere to have it finished till I have a rig to haul the trailer for the axle swap.
    I am pretty Ugly right now Sorry /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gifGuy's

11. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

no prob Effie. with the amount of work I got going and with how thin I got myself spread I'm surprised I can even keep myself straight let along expect anyone else to keep up with all of it,LOL

-Jeremy