Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Share yo knowledge! need better reception.

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Big10, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Big10

Big10 Registered Member

I'm not much interested in a loud stereo quality sound system, so I dont want to spend a butt load of cash. On the other hand, I cant go without "some" type of radio. I bought a am/fm/cass. radio to replace the orginal AM unit. The reception seems very poor compared to the reception i get out of my 99 truck. What kind of remedies are out there? I feel like I have a decent ground. (grounded to metal near the heater outlet, near floor board) and I put a new attenna on. Any suggestions? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

i get good reception from in mine from the original antenna. the one in the windshield. why did u put another one in? i personally like the windshield antenna. later.

jacob

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

You can get signal boosters. I'm not sure if it Am/Fm, or just for Fm. I belive Radio Shack carries them. All the ones I've seen have a button mounted under the dash so you can turn them on and off. Some lower quality decks don't have good recievers, that might be the problem. I always recomened a good headunit (You can get a good one for under $150.00) and good speakers. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Z3 hit it right on the nose a good quality tuner shouldn't need a signal booster. All I have found the booster to do is amplify the static and not the signal. It is more like turning the volume up then adding to the signal. The tuner and antenna are the key to good reception.