Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Share you "I almost rolled it" stories!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtn. burb, Mar 30, 2005.

1. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

I had a good one. I was ascending a trail, with switchbacks, on my way up to the rocks further on the mountain. After a left, leaning over on my drivers side, my right front tire walked up the slope. I then found myself balancing on only my drivers side tires. We were going over when I put it in Neutral, let go of the wheel, and I rolled backwards out of it. :D

My brother was kinda freaked out. :surepal: We would have rolled down the hill to the trail below had we gone over.

What about you? :thumb:

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

1st time wheelin, went in a mudhole, and went a little to the left, of where the guy in front of me did. Hooked a rut, left side tires were on the dry bank, rights down deep in the hole. If i was standing in this hole, the dry ground would be level w/ my eyes.....It was an "OH #$&^" moment.

3. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]

Climing out of a ravin/crevis, seeing how far I could go up the high side with the passenger side. I think I went to far:D

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

welllll :

a little to the right!.JPG

gunna take two trucks.JPG

5. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

is the ford wrecker in the background on fire?

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

no just smokey, wicked truck though f 550, with dule rammsey winchs, pulled me out side ways the chevy one ton couldent do it, even with a snach block on a tree (my idea).

there waqs some stuipid frence man parked on the road, and i when to go around him, and the wife started freeking, so i stoped and got stuck then my jeep/ford buddys stupid ideas (wouldent listen to me) put me there.

so i just waited till morning to get it out, ah well.

it only cost me 30 bucks and 2 coffies, used CAA (AAA) so only had to pay for the seconed truck as i was about 40 feet shy of where the road ends, any more and it would have cost me a lot more:frown1::crazy::crazy: