Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sharp left turns EDIT*** are these noises coming from my front end?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NEK5, Jul 5, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

when i`m taking sharp left turns i`m getting a clunk noise that sounds like somethings rubbing on something, it never did i before, i just happen to do a full circle in the parking lot and sure enough it went clunk.......clunk........clunk....any ideas? could the hub be stuck in locked position?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  2. chevy wrangler

chevy wrangler 1/2 ton status

could be hubs or your tires rub the leaf springs mine did that and well still do when i turn right, it rubs on the steering also!!!!LOL

3. NEK5

i never had it before though

4. johnathan

johnathan 1/2 ton status

maybe let someone else turn it while you walk beside it.Might help diagnose it,might not.

5. NEK5

ok so i was driving around in the cemetary this mornin, and when i hit a pot hole or a wave in the road, i was getting almost like grinding/binding noise, that felt like it came from underneath me, but i think it maybe the front end? i havent checked if one of the hubs was maybe stuck in the locked position, but i will have my buddys dad show me how today, any idea what it is?..i know i blew up one of the tooths on a spider but havent looked around inside for anyother damage.....any idea why its doing that??? it only did it a few times, not every bump or wave in the road:confused: :confused: :confused: , if it is the front end, the 10bolt in the yard will be going in soon, but i just would like to here some feedback from the brotherhood

6. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Wheel bearings are shot. Water will break down the grease then they stop spinning smoothly. Take the hubs apart and check it's quick and easy first thing. They probably deserve some grease if you were playing in the water.

7. NEK5

well one of the hubs wasnt fully disengaged, so theres that problem, i`ll let ya know if we decide to dig into it, but i doubt it seeing as the front axle is gettin swapped out soon anyway

8. NEK5

hmm, today i swapped on the 31s so i could paint the centers on my 33s, and the noise seems worse? or maybe the howl of the 33s drowned the sound out a little?