Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shaving

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by baldbandit, Sep 4, 2001.

1. baldbandit

baldbandit 1/2 ton status

I am fixing to shave the mirrors and door handles and locks on my 84 1/2 2wd chevy. My question is, has anyone ever done this? If so, what brand actuators did you use? any problems? How many # acuators did you use? Any info on this would be greatly; appreciated!

thanks
    baldbandit

"Have you driven over a F@RD lately!!

2. wakedog

wakedog 1/2 ton status

I have not shaved mine but i did order a door lock kit from summit, it works great. But also in summit they have door popper kits for trucks and im sure they have any other associated stuff too.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bigredjimmy.iwarp.com>http://www.bigredjimmy.iwarp.com</a>

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

4. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

I saw a '80 Chevy pickup that the Doors, locks were shaved plus the taillights &amp; tailgate handle were shaved! This looked so kewl, I've decided I've got to do it to mine!

1 ton '87 Chevy SWB in the making!

5. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

I shave about once a week. Too much of a pain. [​IMG]

tRustyk5 for President!!![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

6. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Its much easier to just take the doors off altogether. A few bolts, and volia! No more pesky handles or locks.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

7. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had this done on a Regal I used to have. Shave the handles and the locks. Then if you have power locks you can use that actuater to open the doors. then you just need a keyless entry kit for remote purposes.
    Make sure you leave yourself a second way in. I had a push button under the fender, you can use a momentary elecrical switch for more security. If the battery dies you need an remote post on the frame, I would hit the button with a set of jumper cables and then the door would open.

Rob 85K5

<font color=orange>Bleedin' Chevy Orange</font color=orange>

8. 90BlazerK5

90BlazerK5 Registered Member

WEll, seems to me that if you went down a good naroow Heep trail, the door handles and mirrors would take care of themselves!