Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shawn - AK-57 questions

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by teamhickman, Aug 29, 2004.

1. teamhickman

teamhickman 1/2 ton status

Shawn,

You mentioned that you’re running the Springer (AK-57) set up on your truck. How does it handle on the street? Is it pinable? Do you notice any “unloading” while on a step decent or under heavy braking? Any increased axel wrap? What about lateral stability? This looks like a variation on a pretty common theme but I do like the way the “Stop” is set up and it looks like it could be made pinable for moderate street use.

Andrew

2. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

I think Shawn just put it on this weekend. Do a search for Springer Suspension on the site, this has been discussed many times on this board. If you are intrested.

Not trying to be a smart ass either, but others on this board have been running it for some time now, and have a really good baseline of use.

Rob

3. teamhickman

teamhickman 1/2 ton status

Sorry......stupid newbe here...... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Found what I was looking for.

Thanks,

Andrew

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Marv Springer is the gentlemen that originated that suspension and is a wealth of knowledge on it. Very helpful too.

Harley

5. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

I've been running it for over a year on the truck I drive to work everyday. Don't have any rear shocks right now and it handle just fine on the street. I ran with out the track bar for a long time and didn't have any problems. But when I put the track bar on, I hit my self for not doing it sooner. Its stable and I've never had it unload when it wasn't suppose too.

Now as far as how it performs on the trail, there quite a few guys around that have it, and well the pictures should speak for them selves.

6. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

just saw this, lol

I have had it in for 2 weeks so far, I still need too put my rear shocks in though.

the ride is great, and the trucks handles just fine, once I put the trac bar on and shocks it should be even better.

very happy with the bolt on flex too /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

as for the axel wrap it is there, but any other set up will have at least some axel wrap with rearleafs.

I plan to try a few differnt methods with a anti wrap bar /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif