Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

She had a good life. But time for a new 350

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by zrobbinsk5, Dec 18, 2000.

1. zrobbinsk5

zrobbinsk5 Registered Member

I lost the 305 in my 1983 today. I lost oil pressure and it started knocking horribly so I pulled over and pulled the dipstick.....little shards of metal all over it. I limped to a friends house and there she sits, at 208,342.6 miles. I'll be buying a new 350 in the next few days. Where can I get a good deal on one? I hear that some of the Hot Rod mags have advertisements for 350 crate engines at a good price. I want a brand new one though, just so I can drop her in the hole and forget about her for a while. Any ideas on where to get a good deal on a 350? I'm scared to call the local Chevy dealer, I might have to though. Thanks.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

3. littonk5

littonk5 Registered Member

For what it' worth, I chatted with the parts guy at Pace the other day with the same question. He gave me an interesting piece of info......the crate engine for a '93(?) Caprice was installed into an '87 pickup by one of the folks at Pace (his own) and it was a perfect bolt in. The advantage is roller cam, better torque profile throught all ranges and more HP. The part number is 12513151 and the price was $1480.00. The downside is that they only give a one year warrenty for a truck installation. Hell of a price. Does anyone else have knowledge of this swap?

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

STROKER!!!! STROKER!!!!!
    You have a great excuse to DOIT man!!! Don't be in a big ole giant hurry to drop in an average powerplant GO 383 yll loveit!!
    ofcoarse if thats your only vehicle then maby it'l be kinda tuff to waight for a 383, but ain't it exciting to tink of haveing all that POWER!!!![​IMG]OK i'm calming down now[​IMG]

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Actually, its a 305, so wouldn't it be like a 314 stroker or something?

90K5

6. zrobbinsk5

zrobbinsk5 Registered Member

yeah, she's a daily driver, about 60 miles roundtrip to school and back. it's ironic that she quit on me about 4 minutes after passing her inspection.