Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

She lives again!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5 NUTT, Jun 7, 2003.

1. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Well after 3 months of sitting in the air on jack stands the chalet fired to life today with her new GM TBI FI system today...all done by myself...well...except the Howell 2 pulse vss i need to order...ran he around the block...ran pretty damn good...but a lot better when the vss is wired in ....sounds meaner than that old carb every did...can't wait to get the vss so she will advance the timing correctly...

DW /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

Awsome to hear! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Very nice, good to hear /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

you runing the O2 sensor? and will i be?
    he he, can ya take a pic of the engine and label it all so i know a bit of what im doing and where it is supposed to be? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    grant

6. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's MINT!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

What's NEXT???? 14bff???? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Right on Doug! Congrats........... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Seventy4Blazer

next as far as i know is the start on a nicer 76 tub and frame for it. he is having a cancer problem on the body mounts. and 3/4 ton gear at the same time.

doug is a good guy, so good he is gonna give me his chalete /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Just finished getting the front end back together tonight...hubs and all..just gotta pull the jackstands tomorrow....12 bolt is on jstands in the garage...mocked up to roll only as that end will be on the dolly...would like to get by axle shafts and spider back as they are my only spares...when i have the time to go thru this 88 harness i'll label everything for you...some wires will not be terminated due to giving you the room to route as you see fit which could effect length...yes it will run an o2 which is kinda the heart of the fuel system...the ecm makes a ton of calcs dependent on its input...

DW

10. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

JK5...tradin my 78 rolling tub to grant for a rolling 77 tub for a frame and tub swap...rust free...then a 14bolt and a HD44 up front withthe vintage 77 and below spicer hubs...should look really sharp someday when its done...

DW

11. Seventy4Blazer

hey, almost rust free. its got surface rust... nuttn a whire whell wont kil, but you seen those pics.
    anywhoo...
    Grant

12. Seventy4Blazer

[ QUOTE ]
    Just finished getting the front end back together tonight...hubs and all..just gotta pull the jackstands tomorrow....12 bolt is on jstands in the garage...mocked up to roll only as that end will be on the dolly...would like to get by axle shafts and spider back as they are my only spares...when i have the time to go thru this 88 harness i'll label everything for you...some wires will not be terminated due to giving you the room to route as you see fit which could effect length...yes it will run an o2 which is kinda the heart of the fuel system...the ecm makes a ton of calcs dependent on its input...

DW

[/ QUOTE ]

cool, just wondering on the O2 sensor so i will know if i will be able to start it with open headers or not to break the cam in... if i ever get a cam... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif as for the spiders and the shafts, what bout the ones in the 76 ya are getting? i dunno. i got no problem shipping them to ya, but not sure if it will be needed or not yet.
    anywah, we can burn that bridge when the time comes.
    Grant

13. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

14. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

the 12 bolt going in the 78 for transport has a snapped pinion and no backing plates...the axles and spiders are my spares...one is from the chalet as 5 years ago she got new shafts from gm...and one is a moser unit i bought used from the board...so i guess all i am worried about is having trail spares...and ya...we'll work it out...lol. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif