Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

She lives (the truck)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1986chevy_rider, Mar 8, 2006.

1. 1986chevy_rider

1986chevy_rider Registered Member

The engine fired finally. After a month of engine work head swaping and exhaust work and fuel problems it runs. Put a 7-14 psi carter electric fuel pump on with a inline fuel pressure regulator and the 6 inch suspension lift with 37 in toyo muds. the thing is a beast the only problem is what to do with the rear blocks and the crappy back leaf springs that are shot and deformed. What is a good way of finishing this project off???

2. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ditch the blocks and go with a shackle flip. Then get some 6" shackle and that will give you about another inch of lift. Throw in a zero rate and you can get your 6" lift with mad flex in the back. Since your going to have to buy new springs anyway, you might just consider a high end flexy spring. Tuff Country and BDS are both great- I run BDS up front and love them. What kind of wheeling do you do?

3. 1986chevy_rider

1986chevy_rider Registered Member

yeah thats what i was thinking i just didnt know how to go about doing it I was thinking of going with a 2.5 inch ada leaf and then a 4 inch shackle flip. What do tuff country springs cost for whole new packs? As for the wheeling that I like to do well everything but i really like canyon running and high angle type stuff. Mudd is highly over rated and nessy but every once in a while its fun. Now as for an engine what do you think I should do for a high HP engine. and High torque. I just dont know. I might be able to get my hands on a fresh rebuilt 396 still in plastic from rebuild shope. Thanks for lookin is there a way of posting a pic without being a paid member.

4. Janitorjim8

Janitorjim8 1/2 ton status

yes, You can host your images at a website such as photobucket.com then copy the url code here that they give you for each image and you can see them.