Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sheet Metal for Rust Repair

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by johnny reb, Jul 6, 2001.

1. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

I pulled up my carpet last night because I'm going to Herculine my entire interior. At the end of the bed on the passenger side, I've got about a foot long rust hole. The rest of the bed is in pretty decent condition. I'm not going to get all fancy and weld a new piece in there. I just want to find a piece of sheet metal and pop rivet it in there and then seal it up. I've called everywhere and can't find a piece of the corrugated sheet metal that I need. All I need is a piece approx. 12" x 6". If I have to buy a large sheet I will and then cut it. I've called auto body parts stores and metal fabricators around here and nobody has it. I'm going to try the local Earl Scheibs and see if they know where I can get it. Any other ideas on where I can find this or any other ways to easily fix this?

1986 K5, New GM 350, Edelbrock Intake, K&N Air Filter, Flowtech Headers, Dual 3" Exhaust, 33" Pirelli Scorpion AT, 700R4, 3.42 gears

2. flcpl4fn

flcpl4fn 1/2 ton status

try a roofing suppy house. that is where i found sheet metal here where i live. they had all kinds from galvanized to stainless steel, and all different gages too.

'85 Jimmy in Jax, Fl

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

If you have a Lowes Home Improvement store, check the hardware aisle...ours has different size sheets and gauges.

Michael[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</A>

4. scavenger

scavenger 1/2 ton status

Harley,
    Try Paddock Parts www.paddockparts.com 1-800-428-4319
    I am looking at one of their catalogs (catalog #P1CT page 74) I don't know if this is their latest catalog or an outdated one. Anyway they show left and right hand partial floor panels for pickups. They measure 25"Wx38"L. Both the right and left panel show listed for 73-87 pickups. The left hand part # is BF1AL and the right is BF1AR, and each list for $21.95. You also may be able to pick these up at a body shop supply business. I purchased one of these locally and cut out the needed length then welded it in. The corrigation is very similar to the Blazer but you must hammer on some of the top creases at times to keep it lined up.....good luck,
    Pat

5. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Ive got a 79 pickup, (parts truck) the body is gone but the bed floor is good. Ill cut a piece out however big you need and ship it for just the shipping price. Just an idea. PM me if youre interested.

6. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Hey Reb,

Go to Home Depot and in the isle where they sell nuts and bolts, there should be sheet metal and all sorts of other metal. I think they are in like 12x6" sheets. They sell 22 guage and 16 guage. Go with 16" They're like $4. Cheap. That's what I went with to do all my rust repair.
    Boss

89' 1 TON of FUN K5