Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

She's back!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 78k20, Apr 5, 2004.

1. 78k20

78k20 Registered Member

Feb 28, 2004
    She\'s back!

Finally! Marilyn is back on the road after nearly 3 full months of downtime, due to the steering issues with AGR, and all the defective parts I have received. For those who read/responded to my post about "Dealing with AGR", I called them this morning, with no real info or settlement. Their first response was basically to pull everything off and ship it back so they could test it all together as a system. Well, what part of "daily driver" do they not understand??? Not an option.

What I did to fix it was remove the pump assembly again and separate the leaky housing from the pump. Further inspection found a large hole at the base of the 3/4" neck where the nipple itself was not formed properly. Was probably large enough to stick the tip of a ball point pen through! Anyway, I then separated the good housing off the other bad pump I got from them, then put the good housing on the good pump, swapped a few o-rings and other pieces, then bolted it all back up. After filling with the last of the Redline I had from the last return/replacement, I barely had enough to make it work. After bleeding properly, I fired it up not knowing what to expect, when it sounded just great-no whining, howling or anything-silent, a good thing! Continued the lock to lock to finish the bleed sequence, and I'll be darned if it didn't actually work as it should with no leaks! Went on a test drive and it was amazing-very responsive, quick and easy. Now, how long will it last is the next question.

Anyway, with regards to the old pump, I'm sending it back for a return/refund and we'll see what else they do at that time. They were not the least bit interested in refunding any money for 6 quarts of Redline, countless hours of putting together, taking apart and putting back together again, or all the hassle and headache of returning everything, not to mention numerous FedEx return postage. With some grief, they did agree to give me their "account number" to charge the return postage of this pump via UPS ground shipment-his boss "would have is ass" if I shipped it any other way.

Anyway, for those interested in the AGR line, I hope these last few posts, though lengthy, have been helpful in deciding which way to go. The system I have now seems to be working good, and definitely is a huge improvement over stock, but I don't feel it was worth the time and effort of replacing everything something like 5 times over now. Granted, they are very friendly and willing to help on the phone, but if your time is worth anything to you, I'd strongly consider your options first.

With that, Best of Luck and sorry for the length, hope there was something someone could use.

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Apr 22, 2002
    Re: She\'s back!

Thanks for the info!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif