Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

She's finally running

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blackwidowk5, Feb 9, 2001.

1. blackwidowk5

blackwidowk5 1/2 ton status

She\'s finally running

Well after two months i finally have my blazer back. I just got finished doing a major heart transplant. THe new heart is a smoking 350 with vortec heads, roller cam, edelbrock intake and carb, msd ignition, headers and a flowmaste. I forgot what it was like to be able to accelerate again. Anyways i thought i'd share, next project, new interior.
    p.s. The jets on my carb aren't the best, anybody have any idea what i should use or could point me in the right direction, Edlebrock 750 manual choke
    Thanks

2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Re: She\'s finally running

Sounds like a great combo... I believ Edel has metering rods... the carb is probably running a bit lean... depending on what pistons and compression you have. I'd guess jumping up 2 sizes.

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Congrats!!!!

Have you installed the off-road kit in your Edelbrock(if it is not a q-jet).. These help out a lot. Not sure on the jets though.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Just thought I,d throw these at ya.
    Symptoms of a lean carb: backfiring or bog on accaleration, surging, Spark plug electrodes white or light grey (should be light tan). The spark plugs are the best way to tell if your mixture is too lean. Also make sure there are no vacume leaks. If the carb is way too lean you can burn a valve.

Symptoms of A rich carb: rough idle and misses, Spark plugs fouled with black soot or wet with gas. Black smoke out the exaust pipe. Bad gas MPG

You should be able to get a jet and meetering rod kit from Edlebrock. Or try a local speed shop. Summit or Jegs on line also have them.