Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shift indicator? cable

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FlatBlackBurb, Apr 19, 2007.

1. FlatBlackBurb

FlatBlackBurb 1/2 ton status

okay so the little orange thing that shows you what gear you're in broke off so i replaced it. I put the new one in, but i can't seem to find out where the shift cable attatches to on the steering collum. i know what you're thinking. "why didnt you just look where the last one was attatched?"

well the last one wasn't attatched. maybe the whole thing is broken. anyways what am i looking for?

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Ok, it attaches to the lower most piece of the column that rotates when you move the shift lifter. Here is a pic to help show you. Look upward just about where the steering column bolts to the dash. It mounts to the right side of the column. [​IMG]

3. FlatBlackBurb

thanks dude. ill go out and try it right now

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

To clarify, if you didn't find it,there is a slot cut in the plastic sleeve (that turns, as mentioned) and the metal clip fits over that. The slot is so you can adjust it correctly.

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Not all columns have a slot. There were two different kinds of indicators, one had a clip with a screw and that column will have the slot, then there is another indicator that only has a clip and that column will not have the slot but either way will work.

6. FlatBlackBurb

okay maybe im missing something but nothing is moving when i shift it. can someone send me a picture? thanks