Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shift kit instalation advice

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5floyd, Dec 15, 2006.

1. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

tomorrow i will be installing a b&m shift kit in my 700r4. this would be my first time doing something like this. i have read the instructions already and they seem pretty detailed. is there anything i should know or watch out for before i attempt this? are there any particular parts in the process that are particularly tricky? i have watched the trans guy at my work tear apart and put together a few 4l60s so i have an idea of what im doing but any advice would be greatly apretiated.

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

trans out of the rig or in?

3. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

its in my truck, why?

4. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

check balls like to fall out when its done in the truck. Not hard to put back in but you'll need to know where they go. been a long time since I put in a shift kit so I can't remember a whole lot about it. Probably have you drilling some small holes and what not. Sometimes, check balls are removed and so on. Pretty straight forward. vaseline can be used to put check balls back in place and hold them until the valve body is reassembled. vaseline will dissolve into the trans fluid with no harm.