Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shift Kits

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by scubastifler, Oct 12, 2002.

1. scubastifler

scubastifler Registered Member

I have a 2002 Automatic Chevrolet Silverado 4.3L V6 4X4 and was wanting to make my truck’s shifts more noticeable. I was wondering if just the hypertech programmer will do this for my truck or if I should also get a shift kit. I was looking at the Transgo for around $90. What I was wanting was something I could change or add to make the shifts throw you back in your seat like a manual. Does anyone know what I can do to make the transmission shift firmer and throw you in back in your seat?

Thanks in advance,
    Steve Boyette

2. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

Well you have an electronically controlled tranny so your best bet would to be to get a transmission module that plugs into you aldl. You can get them from summit or jegs etc. Basically it allows you to adjust your shift points and harshness. Cheaper then a PP3 but you dont get the rest of the adjustments you'd get with the hypertech.