Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shift pattern for P/T NP203?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by azjimmy, Dec 13, 2000.

1. azjimmy

azjimmy Registered Member

I know there a lot of people out there with 203's with part-time kits, so are there different shift patterns for different P/T kits? If they are all the same what should it be? Pat

<font color=red>Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff!</font color=red>[​IMG]

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I converted my NP203 to part time with Mile Markers spider gear kit. The new pattern goes as follows:

FRONT OF VEHICLE

4LO
    2LO
    N
    2HI
    4HI

This is one advantage of the NP203 converted to part time, you now have 2 LO which makes it a breeze to turn corners with lockers front and rear. The drawback, my linkage was full of mud and would always bind up and kick out of 4LO when I was in the middle of a climb. I now have SM465 and NP205 and that solved the problem. But, the NP203 is a good case in my opinion.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

3. azjimmy

azjimmy Registered Member

Thanks Mudzer, I was having problems getting the case to engage 4-Hi, so I wanted to make sure I was doing it right. I finally got it to engage today, it's just a little stiff, but it's working! Time to find some snow! Pat

<font color=red>Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff!</font color=red>[​IMG]