Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shifter bushing OD 1-1/4 ID 5/8

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by arq, Apr 1, 2006.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

Jan 17, 2001
    Help, I am in need of a bushing OD 1-1/4 ID 5/8 about 1.5" long. It's for a np205 lever. anyone know where I can find them by the specs?

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Jul 24, 2003

Moog used to have a "Numerical listing" on parts in a catolog separate from the usual parts counter books used to look parts up..been years since I seen one or had accsess to one..

I had the same dilema as you on my 74 K20,when the bolt in the adapter for the T-case broke off,and I had to drill it oversized and re-tap it to a larger bolt size..:doah: ..now the old bushing was worthless..didn't fit the new larger bolt,plus it was beat to death..so I needed a new one..

I just opened a lot of boxes at the parts store I worked at until I found a suitable bushing..I think I ended up using an upper control arm bushing off an older chevy or ford full sized car,but I didn't keep track of the part number,since I doubted I'd ever have to change it again..I did have to saw off a bit of excess length on the one I did use..if you want a solid non rubber insert bushing,an industrial bearing supply house lists bronze bushings by size..you can probably even get a needle or ball bearing the right size!..:crazy:
  3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Talked to the dealer?

Never know, might get lucky there. I apparently didn't scan the shifter portion of the parts manual or I'd probably at least be able to supply a part number. :(