Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ship a tailgate?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by foxman, Jun 21, 2002.

1. foxman

foxman 1/2 ton status

Is it possible to ship a tailgate (fully dressesd) through UPS?
    anybody done it.? Meanmuder has a manual one for me but doesn't think it'll ship. Has any one done it? how much does it weigh? thanks.
    /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I think it would weigh too much probably have to ship by truck, sounds to spendy to me... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

3. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't want to ship it. It weighs more than you think with the glass and regulator, etc. Bigger than you think too when you look at one by itself. I had three rusty tailgates in my truck bed at one time and there was not much room for anything else.

4. Scrubby

Scrubby 1/2 ton status

I would think it would have to go truck, and I recently found out that is not too cheap. Yellow Freight wanted $330 to ship a hood from Idaho to Indiana. Consolidated Freightways wanted $310.

5. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

If the both of you are near a ForwardAir terminal it could be shipped for a decent price. I shipped a SM465 from pennsylvania to texas for $75, it weighed 200 lbs. I think they charge about 33.00 per 100 lbs. Check their website for locations