Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shipped 193 lbs for $46.95!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Shawn, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Just wanted to spread the word about this company. It might help if you need to ship something heavy like an engine, tranny, axle, etc. I recently had to ship an NP205 from Denver to San Francisco. I got quotes of several freight companies then someone here (thanks Chris) mentioned this place so I called them. They quoted me $46.95 but I had a hard time believing it at the time. I went there today to drop the tcase off and sure enough, $46.95 is what it came to. The only thing is they're not located in every city but if you look on their site, it will show all locations. They only ship from terminal to terminal so you have to pick it up but still, for that price, it's a good deal.

www.forwardair.com

BTW- They only take money orders./forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I had my Visa, checkbook and cash and they wouldn't take either. They required a money order so I had to run to 7-11 and get one. I'm not trying to advertise for this company, just hope this helps a someone here if you need to ship something heavy.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Westy and a few others have all used Forward Air and had nothing but good to say...and Wes ships D60's and 14 bolts./forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene

3. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Way good info to have! Thanks!!

Hey, did you get that rear bumper sold and picked up today?

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

ATL people, they have a terminal at the airport. (Hartsfield)

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

got my 350 from illinois to louisioana for $127 full (540lbs )loaded minus oil. i can vouch for them too. i think they just ship dock to dock.

6. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Hey, did you get that rear bumper sold and picked up today?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Mark picked it up along with the other one. Thanks.

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Yep, sure do! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Only draw back for me is that nearest terminals are either Denver or K.C. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Still have to make a drive to either terminal depending on which way the crate is going.

I did ship a totally rebuilt 14FF with disc brakes to San Fran. and instead of taking the crate to Denver for the shorter route, I took it to K.C. and it still shipped from there to San Fran. for somewhere around $125. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Cheap for the weight of the 14FF in my wood crates. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Forward Air charges a certain amount for every 100 lbs. I can't remember right now but think it's something like $45-ish per 100 lbs. for larger crated items. 14FF's and other axles in large crates like this would amount to this price.

8. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Thanks Shawn. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif