Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shipping A Blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kick, Apr 20, 2005.

1. kick

kick 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know of a reasonable and dependable shipping company ? I need to ship a Blazer from Boston, MA to Tampa, FL. DAS quoted me a price of $1100. and change seems kinda steep. Any suggestions ? :confused:

2. Hobbes9112

Hobbes9112 Registered Member

You might check with United Road. I had my 85 Jimmy shipped from California to Kansas City for $890. It took a few weeks to get it here, but the price was a lot less than DAS. Here is the link: United Road

3. tunedportk5

tunedportk5 1/2 ton status

did you get a quote for terminal to terminal, also is the blazer stock or lifted

4. Hobbes9112

Hobbes9112 Registered Member

By the way... forgot to tell you, United Road automatically includes door to door delivery with full insurance. Those cost extra with DAS. That is why I went with United Road.

5. kick

kick 1/2 ton status

It was terminal to terminal. I believe it has a 3" lift.

6. kick

kick 1/2 ton status

Thanks Hobbes 9112. I sent in a request for a quote. Geez DAS ain't cheap.

7. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i paid 1050 2years ago for a ford excurision to ship from TX to NJ door to door and i got the extra ins to i was happy with the deal :grin:

8. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

I have the web address of the broker I used to move mine from AZ to GA. My cost was about $900. I will post it when I get home later.

EDIT..

This is the site I used.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Try here??

I know of a place in Whitman Ma(or it might be East Bridgewater,its on RT 18) called Forge Motors Auto Trasport Inc,(1-800-872-7004)they specialize in transporting "snowbirds" vehicles to florida--I have never dealt with them personally,but a few guys I know used them and were satisfied...they go to florida weekly if I'm not mistaken...might try calling them for a quote... :crazy:

10. toomanytoyzz

toomanytoyzz Registered Member

I use Elite auto all the time. I'm getting a 70 Blazer I bought from Colorado sent to me in Philadalphia. It's costing me $1000, but the trip is much further (1700 miles). Email me at eatpoo2@comcast.net so I can you their number from my shop tomorrow. Shipping open trailer is always cheaper. The best thing is that I called them up on Monday, and they had the truck hooked and on the road on Wednesday. It should be arriving on Saturday, April 23rd. They've always been like that. Because of the price of gas, it's safe to assume everywhere you look is going to be high. I had a 66 Scout shipped from GA to me last year for $450. I would say they would charge you $600-$700.

11. tunedportk5

tunedportk5 1/2 ton status

fuel cost have everything all screwed up and also the time of year effects price for auto transport. In California during the winter is the cheapest time to ship. let me know who you choose decide on.