Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shipping a vehicle

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Storm24m, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

Anyone ever ship a vehicle? How much did it cost to get from point A to point B? Any problems? Thanks.

2. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

from where to where are you trying to go? What is the vehicle. I have shipped a couple.

John

3. Here is a place that can give you a quote

For an exact price and delivery quote or to book your shipment, please visit <a target="_blank" href=http://www.AutoTrans-Express.com>http://www.AutoTrans-Express.com</a> or call toll-free 866-277-6327 Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Time.

4. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

Re: Here is a place that can give you a quote

I don't have a vehicle to ship yet. I'm getting tired of waiting for one to show up in my area (that "rust free" 69-72) and I'm starting to look farther and farther away to find one. I'm just trying to get an idea of how much $$$ I'll be looking at to ship.

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Sounds like you've got the right idea.....

You'll have a much easier time finding a rust free K5 in California, or Arizona areas.....and even after you factor in the shipping, you'll still be $$$ ahead when you compare it to the costs of doing repairs on a cancer-stricken truck....

Plus, even the bodymen will tell you.....an original straight chassis will ALWAYS look better than one that's been pieced together.

Just out of curiousity, what's you budget (including shipping) for this Blazer?

6. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

My budget is set at about $6000 right now. That would have to include shipping. If I go all the way to $6k, I'd prefer it was lifted already. Min 33's/4in preferably 35's/6in. I tried to sweet talk Bassplayer4x4 out of his, but he didn't buy it. Damn! Shipping from far off places is kinda a worry for me. I'd really like to see a truck before I buy it. I've driven out too many times to see a truck with "zero" to "minimal" rust or with a "perfect" body only to be disappointed. I know I'm probably asking a lot for my budget, but patience is a virtue. At least thats what I've been telling myself for the last 8 months.