Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shipping an axle housing?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Polaris, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

We are getting set to clean house here. I have a 1976 Dana 44 axle housing that had 3.08's. We stripped it, I gave it the wire wheel treatment, Metal Ready, and POR-15. Hubby decided to sell his D44 stuff and leave his Jimmy stock, while building his K30 instead. I already have a D44 so we have no use for this. I thought of putting it and the other goodies (4.10 R&P, Trac-Lok & some other stuff) on eBay to raise some truck fund cash. However, I don't have any clue about shipping big stuff. We are not anywhere near a Forward Air terminal. Does anyone have an idea of the weight of an empty housing and how to go about shipping it?
    [​IMG]

Thanks,

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

UPS will ship stuff as long as they are not too long and 150 lbs. or under. You won't even need to pack it in a box or cardboard. Just use some plastic wrap if you know a place to take the axle to and get it wrapped. Or just use some Saran Wrap and DYI. UPS will ship that housing easily. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif