Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shipping Help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Quackaddict, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Quackaddict

Quackaddict 1/2 ton status

Finally got someone on ebay to bid and buy a set of tires I had on there. I have heard of it being done but how do you ship mounted wheels and tires.

Any pointers on doing this the most effective way would be appreciated I figure someone here has done it. I know UPS and FEDEX will do it but do I have to wrap them in brown paper what?

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

For FedEx you can just wheel them in the door and have them ship them. You may want to check on a weight limit if they are big tires. It would help to clean them a up a little first. If you want to protect the wheels, cut cardboard in a circle that is the size of the tire. Put one piece on each side and wrap tape all the way around.

3. Quackaddict

Quackaddict 1/2 ton status

Thanks they are 31's on 15 inch rims not sure how much they weigh.

4. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

I shipped a set and received 2 other sets that were not boxed or anything. Just like divorced said just wheel them to the door and they take it from there. If shipped priority UPS puts priority tape around the tire and ships it like that.