Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shock drop

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mike reeh, Nov 9, 2001.

1. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

I have a 4" lift on my truck (its a good 4" too possibly 5").. anyways I got some procomp 9000 shocks for the front .. they are definately the right part number.. anyways since they are gas charged they extend by themselves..

now picture this... I install the shock, with the bottom mount first.... with the truck sitting at NORMAL right height (not on stands or anything) I only had MAYBE an inch and a half of shock sticking past the top mount.. meaning I only compressed them 1.5" to bolt em on.. soooooo if I want ANY travel in the opposite direction, it aint happenin.... what would you guys says is minimum amount of "play" ?? 1.5" is definately not enough in my opinion... I went to 4WPW and they already ordered me new longer ones to replace for free.. so Im pretty happy with them this time...

how much travel do you guys think is minimum ?

mike

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

That's about right. My front end droops another 1 1/2" with the front shocks removed. Also a 4" lift. I think whoever came up with the shock length for the fronts of these is a moron...

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>