Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shock GURU help needed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BLZN4FN, Jan 7, 2007.

1. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Ok I'm installing DIY shock In Boarding kit. And now I need to figure which shock to buy. But dont know how to figure that out so maybe you all can help.

From the middle of the top of the shock bolt to the middle of the bottom of the shock bolt is 25 inches. I'm not able to flex out the K5 due to all this snow. How do I go about finding a shock that will give me alot of travel? and fit what I'm doing.

I was thinking about buying these shocks in the 13 or 15 inch travel.
    http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/product.php?productid=84&cat=64&page=1

Let me know what you all think is the best route to go.

Thanks

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I ran 15" travel shocks on my rig that had that setup on it. Worked out pretty well. Which upper shock position are you using?

Ride height your at 25", the 15" travel shocks you linked would give you 3.5" of stuff and 11" of extension.

These numbers don't mean that much though really. Since they are inboarded and at an angle, your axle will travel further than the shock will collapse or extend so to speak.

Lots of factors, I've always found it most accurate to flex it out and take measurements.