Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shock hoop by Sky Manufacturing

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5er4Life, Mar 1, 2006.

1. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Oct 16, 2002
    Has anyone thought about using this shock hoop? I am aware that it is designed for a yota but it would look pretty bling as compared to the ford shock towers. I was thinking that I would weld a flat plate to the end and use the supplied gussets. Then bolting the plate to the frame, only because I dont like the idea of welding the hoop straight to the frame and I also want to spread the load of the hoop over a bigger area. Just an idea, you know trying to be a little different without dropping lots of coin...or of course I have considered making my own hoop.

To find the hoop I am speaking of on the sky page...click toyota...then suspension...and scroll to the very bottom of the page. Or check out the pirate link.

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Mar 5, 2001
    As long as the length is correct for your setup it's fine.

The nice thing about the "stamped" version of the F*rd tower, is that you just cut it down to whatever length your particular setup requires....with that hoop, it's more like an "all or nothing" measurement.