Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shock length?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big jimmy 91, Mar 26, 2004.

1. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

With a 4" lift (52"springs up front , shakel flip rear ) , what length shocks are req.
    And do they mount in stock position?
    I am just trying to get my parts req. list together.
    Also I was told that my front dr. s. will hit the "Y" pipe is this true
    P.S. its a 91 full size
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Don't know about the other stuff, but yes, if your exhaust is in it's stock position, the front D.S. will rub the crossover pipe, but i still have not had mine rerouted, it has rubbed, but nothing serious, the same with Pauly383k10, same setup.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Yup I rub a little bit . Mostly front driveshaft to y-pipe, some tire to inner fender if swaybar disconnected. No biggie, when I have time off on a weekday I will get y-pipe moved. Most places will have the numbers already for lifted trucks shocks. As for myself, I run gabriel #g63438 in rear (autozone stocked) and moved my rear 4 inch lift kit shocks to front. Seems as my shackle flip with good rear springs sits up higher in rear and kit shocks were too short. Hope it helps./forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BTW the gabriel shocks are less than 22 bucks, which is way cool /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

I think your best bet would be to do the ford shock tower mod in the front then just measure for shock length. When measuring you want to make sure the rubber bumpers, if you have them, stop the axle on compression before the shock itself bottoms out. Go as long as you can. Summit is running a special buy 3 pro comp shocks get 1 free so you could get a full set of ES9000s for just over $100.