Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SHOCK MOUNTS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87BrnRsd, Oct 13, 2003.

1. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I have a real quick question for ya. I am not near my K5 right now, and need to move my shock mounts on a 14ff tomorrow. My question is, if you are standing behind your k5, facing forward, and look under it at the rear axle, which sides are the shock mounts on? I really need to know if the drivers side shock mount is on the front or rear of the axle tube (front being towards the hood, and rear being towards the bumper, just so nobody is confused). This will tell me where to put the passenger side shock mount as well. Tnanks.
    -Harrison

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Put it where you want it. Most people have relocated them anyway. I'm gonna have both of mine in the front a bit higher than the stockers

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Driver's side is on the rear of the tube and passenger side is on the front........

4. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

On the driver's side the mount is on the back of the axle. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

keep in mind if your rig is a DD relocating the rear shocks so they both angle the same direction can and probably will introduce rear wheel hop.

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My shocks are in the stock location and I still have mad axlewrap. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif