Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SHOCK POLL

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Mar 8, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://coloradok5.com/forums/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1047144815CHEVY 4WD">

SHOCKS
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />NO ADJUSTING
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />SELF ADJUSTING
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />MANUAL ADJUSTING
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>
    I have been looking for some shock(I want to run dual fronts single rears) So in the front I wanted somthing like a RS9000 but there dont come cheap so I was looking around and sal the self adjustings arent bad in price but dont know how they work, also what other brand makes a self adjusting shock? and Ill probably run RS5000's in the rear

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

unless you plan on doing desert racing or something, dual shocks up front are a waste of money. Shock technology has advanced quite a bit since the days when K5s came with dual shocks. I know for a short while i had dual RS5000s up front... omg, WAY to stiff... even when i took 1 off each side it was still bad. I would avoid rs5000s like the plague now... just to stiff imo. DT8000s are way better shocks. they are non-adjustable... but they only cost half what RS9000s do.

j

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Dt 8000's is DT Doestech? where can i get these? can i get them as long as a 9012 would be?...........

4. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Any one run rancho RSX?

5. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

Bilstein makes some good stuff, the 5100's are pretty reasonably priced.

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Look into Gaberial LT with VST shocks. They are reasonably priced (30.oo ea) they work good on or off road.
    I have the dual shock set up and replaced my RS 5000s with Gabrials and couldent be happier /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    The RS5000s were way too stiff. My K5 handles/rides way better with the Gabrials.
    If you are going to stay with the dual set up make sure you buy shocks made for the dual set up. Putting on 2 shocks made for single shock applications will be too stiff.
    Shocks made for dual applications are made special. They have have softer dampining rates and are made to work together.