Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shock question with inboard mount.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hossbaby50, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

If I have Willy's inboard shock mount kit, would I be able to run the Rancho RS9012's on the rear axle with only 2.5-3" of overall lift? What angle do you think I might have to run, and how much dampening am I going to have? (currently have none as I have no rear shocks as the stock mounts are toast) Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

Harley

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Hey Harley...

I would play it on the safe side and install Jermey's kit and then measure the working length of the shock you need then call rancho or look on thier site an see which shock will work best for you...I drove w/o shock most of the summer and it was fine...just a little on the bouncy side...

Chris

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I found a working computer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

We installed the kit on Franks(BlazzinOr's) blazer with the rancho 9012's and he has about 5" of lift and the top mounts almost touched. You could use the 9012's with a shorter lift if you adjust your bumpstops to keep the shocks from bottoming out.

-Jeremy