Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shock question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigBoy truck, Mar 31, 2002.

1. BigBoy truck

BigBoy truck Registered Member

well i made my descion and i got another blazer well i have to put in my old engine but anyway i plan to buy the front and rear shackel kit that they have on the website with 2 inch add a leafs in the rear and the 4 inch springs in the front well my question is what would be the best shocks to put on and are there diffrent sizes as far as for ride and for flex i am worryed more about flex but a softer ride is allways a good to

2. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

There are many shocks out there. I personally run Rancho RS5000's. They work very well.

3. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

There are many shocks out there. I personally run Rancho RS5000's. They work very well.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Personally...Rancho 5000's were on the rought side for me. I am currently running Procomp 3000's Much softer ride. You also might want to look into the Rancho 9000's they are adjustable. Procomp just came out with an adjustable shock,but haven't heard anybody running them yet.

5. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

What kind of 'wheeling do you do? Tune your shock to your terrain - straight hydraulics like RS5000's are great in rocks or mud, but will jar your teeth out in the dez or on fireroads. If you mostly run the highway, Edelbrocks are a good choice. For all around use, look into a Doetsch, Bilstein or KYB unit.

6. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

I also run the Pro Comp ES 3000 and they seem to work good. I mostly play in the mud/rocks and I can hear when they compress and extend, so I know they're doing their job. My only problem is my front Pro Comp springs--they are too stiff for my taste. I will be going with Tuff Country's later on.

Will