Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shock question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by unick, Oct 7, 2003.

1. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

I found a deal on some Procomp MX6 shocks and I want to get them. The only problem is that they say they are anly made for 88 and up blazers and tahoes. I have an 87. They should just bolt up shouldnt they. I thought most shocks were built the same.

PLZ LMK
    Nick

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Just a thought...but they probably aren't the same length, mounting setup, dimensions, valving, etc because the 88-up shocks are for the IFS trucks.

It's possible they are the same, but I doubt it.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Why would you spend that kind of money for a set of non-adjustable shocks anyway? I can't see the point in spending more than $20 for a shock that isn't adjustable like the 9000s, unless it's some kind of hoopty remote resovoir one or Bilsteins.

4. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

mx6's are adjustable. But the fact that 88 is IFS slipped my mind. O well I guess im gonna get 9000's

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Measure your old shocks, then whoever you are thinking about buying those MX-6's off of, go through the book with them and find the shocks that are in line with your measurements. Just because there is no vehicle listing doesn't mean you have to settle for crap.