Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shock ?'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jayweb, May 6, 2005.

1. jayweb

jayweb 1/2 ton status

This may be sort of a newb thing to ask - I have 4" springs and a zero rate for the front, shackle flip rear (not ORD, but the other guy that went out of business) Soon to be going one ton. My question is this - - what length shock would I go with? Ones for a six inch lift? more than that? anyone w/ similar setups? brand names and part #'s would be great. thanks for your help.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if you're going to be going 1 ton and all that jazz, might as well custom mount shocks when you do the axle swap... then ya just buy the longest shock they make for whatever brand/model you decide to get. I used to run DT8000s on the front of my rig with furd shock towers... they were OK, but I'm going to custom towers and BBCS-15s from polyperformance soon. Going 1 ton tells me you're going to actually wheel your rig... lots of suspension travel is a good thing and using the stock mounts you can't get it. Time for furd towers 'n' stuff. :grin:

j