Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shock Upgrade?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dvldog 70k5, Dec 25, 2004.

1. dvldog 70k5

dvldog 70k5 Registered Member

Well I just put my lift on my 70k5 and went with the Tough County EZ ride 6" pack up front and the 8" pack in the rear. It looks sweet but i'm a little dissapointed because the rear is a touch lower than the front even with the taller pack in the rear.

My question is I want to upgrade my shocks to either Bilstiens or Ranchos. Can this be done and if so how would I know what size shocks to buy? Thanks for the help again.

Nick

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Hmm, I have heard that new springs will settel in time. Duno if shocks will level you out or not. Find out from the spring maker what length shocks they recomend and go from there. I belive you basically whant the shock to be half way in or half way out when sitting level and the wight of the truck on the axels.

Good luck

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Nick,

No contest between Bilstein and Rancho....go with Bilstein.

As for the "saggy butt"...it's not going to be resolved with shocks anyway. A simple way to solve that is by using a slightly longer rear shackle. The factory ones are a tad too short anyway so it's a good move. You get about 1/2 of the increased length in lift height with a shackle swap, so a 2" longer shackle will net you about 1" of extra height in the rear.

:cool1: