Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SHOCKING discovery

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BUCK70, May 14, 2001.

1. BUCK70

BUCK70 Registered Member

I was playing underneath the k5 when I discovered the left rear shock is extremely loose. I tried tightening and discovered that the lug type stud has apparently been stripped. Can anyone give advice on replacing this stud(hopefully without having to remove the body from the frame). The only way I can think of is to cut off all the rivets holding the mounting braket. I know someone out there has run accross this and I could use their knowledge.

Grateful,

Buck

2. HarryL

HarryL 1/2 ton status

Buck,

How about chasing the threads? Re threading the rod?

2 options for you.

Harry

3. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    It may look like it doesn"t come out from between the mounting bracket and the frame but it does.My upper shock nut unloosened itself somehow and my shock was hanging down only held in place by the lower shock mounting bolt.While trying to reattach the shock I inadvertantly pushed the bolt through the hole.I thought I was screwed.I could barely fit my finger in there let alone anything else.
    I ended up getting a magnatized retreiver and was able to fish it out.My 71 Blazer has stock suspension with no body lift.It may be easier going with a body lift.Hpoe this helps.

[​IMG]<font color=green>BobK<font color=green>