Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shocks effect on axlewrap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by koldsimer, Mar 30, 2006.

1. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The pro-comp MX6 adjustables just went buy 3 get 1 free. Now that the shocks have been out for a few years and have received a ton of good reviews, i'm seriously considering getting them. The 6 way adjustability will be nice overall being that it's a 50/50 rig. I do have a couple of questions for anyone that wants to give me some input. 1) What effect will the adjustability have on axlewrap especially in the rear? IMO, the stock shock arangement is effective at controlling wrap to some degree. I'm hoping that adjusting the shocks as firm as they can be will help slow the twisting motion of the axle enough to get rid of some of the axlewrap. What do you think?
    2) If you have run these shocks let me know your overall impressions of them. Notice any difference in wrap?

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I really do not believe you will see an effect on axlewrap with those shocks. Maybe a minimal at best one. The factory design is in theory to slow axle wrap, but thats meant for the, on the throttle, off the throttle, on the pavement, light axle wrap. If you know anyone with a mid 90s Dodge Dually, watch them get on and off the gas, you can watch the axle walk under the truck. Thats what its mean to prevent. Spinning tires, climbing ledges, and the similar, is a whole different ball park of axle wrap that I do not believe any shock combo is REALLY going to stop(maybe very slightly those kicker shock setups, though I've never tried one).

How much are the MX3s? Last I saw they were, EXPENSIVE. I'd spend money on Bilstien 5150s or BBCS shocks before those.