Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shocks For 6" Lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BIGBIRD, Jun 26, 2002.

1. BIGBIRD

BIGBIRD Registered Member

Shocks For 6\" Lift

I've got a '75 model with 6" lift springs in the front with double shocks, and blocks in the rear with single shock. Bucks real bad on the street. Anybody have a shock absorber sugestion that might help the problem, or is it just the nature of the beast. I'm going to have to get a neck brace soon, starting to feel like one of those rear window dolls. I noticed that Summit has a buy 3 and get one free special on Rancho shocks until the end of June. Is that a good deal ? Thanks for your help.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Re: Shocks For 6\" Lift

RS 5000s are STIFF!!

3. carolina custom

carolina custom 1/2 ton status

I had the dual rancho 5000. they came with the truck. Remove two of the front shocks and go for a ride. You will not put them back on. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Marc

4. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Good Lord, i have 2 RS5k's for each front tire. 2 for each back one and 1 kicker shock for each back tire. my ride is STIFF. Go for some edlebrock IAS, or some adjustable Rancho's.

5. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Ditch your dual shock. Go with some RS9000's if you got money to spare, or I have heard many good things about "Doetsch-Tech" shocks. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif