Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shocks? multi ajust

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dduckblazer, Apr 21, 2002.

1. dduckblazer

dduckblazer Registered Member

newbi? Shocks that you can ajust by truning a knob.
    Any good? Can you realy tell the differents.

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Just installed new leaf springs and Rancho 9000's ( 5 way adjustable) they are badass, I just drove 50 miles on 3 and it was like a cadilac, then did 50 miles back home on 4 and it was just right for on road, they ROCK..../forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I loved mine for about 6 months, then I went to RC.

I loved them for about another 3 months. Then I got sick of adjusting them all the time.

Now I have rough Country's EZ-ride 10 way auto-adjustable gas shocks. I love these.. they are a little rougher... but They control my truck a bit better.
    With the rancho, I always thought they were too loose or too tough... Always adjusted them.

To each their own! Have FUN!

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

RS9000s are great. Once you figure which setting you like, you leave it alone. Great shocks.

5. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I have 6 RS9000's and love them. When I set them on 1 it is like they aren't even there, I set them to 5 and my suspension doesn't even move. I like them because they can be changed according to how you need to use them that day. You can also get an in cab controller so you don't have to get out to adjust them.

6. dduckblazer

dduckblazer Registered Member

How long have you had them? Or how long will they last?
    I just priced that whole setup. I hope that they would be good for a couple of years.

7. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I have had mine for about 5 months, and i beat the living $h!t out of them. I use my K5 for a lot of high speed offroading and yes, jumping. They work just like brand new and have a lifetime warranty. I would't really recomend using dual shocks on the front like I did though, being that you can just adjust a single RS9000 to being twice as stiff as an RS5000 so using a single will feel like using dual. Also from experience I would recomend using the F-250 shock towers and RS9012's, the shocks cost the same and have a lot more travel and the towers are like $30. Going this route is cheaper than dual shock and will give you much more wheel travel. Of course if I had it to do over again I would have used a 14'' travel bypass shock to begin with, but then again $$$