Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

shocks... shocks... and more shocks...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ak7, Mar 21, 2002.

1. ak7

ak7 Registered Member

need some advice

I have everything I need for my 6" supspension ready to install except for my shocks. There are soo many diff shocks out there that I couldn't decide. I was hoping to get some feedback about how people like the shocks they are running. Should I go single or double? Self adjusting or manual adjust. So for I like the idea of the new Explorer Procomp adjustable shocks.

I've got a 71 blazer with a 6" lift hopefully to run some 36" swampers.

ak7

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Those new Pro-Comps look sweet, 15"/forums/images/icons/shocked.giflong
    The DT's that jekbrown got are sweet too. built in bumpstop and are about 13.5 or 14" of travel.
    the Rancho 9012's are fully adjustible but are $75 each!!!
    both the pro-comps and DT's are about half that.

BTW I'm not running any of these, I have trailmasters for the time being. personaly though my next set whould be the DT's or PC's..Ranchos are just to spendy for me.

3. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I like the rough country EZ ride Nitros that go with my 4" EZ springs. These are SO much better than my RC9000s!

4. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

I have a 6 inch lift and am running rancho 9012's with the ford shock towers up front. And this weekend will be installing Missouri offroad outfitters rear shock relocation brackets for the 9012's in the back. I can tell a difference already between the 9012's and the pro comp 3000's I did have. But thats just my .02 And right know Summit has the 9000's on sale for buy 4 for the price of 3 which makes it a pretty good deal.